Yesterday was a busy day...met some friends for breakfast and then went walking in the park. The kids had fun playing while we chatted, but we didn't last too long...it was really hot and muggy. So we headed to Baskin Robbins for some cold treats. After that I did a really insane thing that I probably won't ever attempt again...I took four kids grocery shopping! It was very stressful...eeeek! LOL! I had to pray in the spirit the entire ride home because I was so beside myself. Surely there is a way to make your children behave in the grocery store, but I have not found it yet. The baby, my niece, was perfectly good...she slept almost the entire time...but my own children acted like they had never been in public before. It was quite an experience!!! So we got home and unloaded the groceries and spent the next couple of hours cleaning house. Then last night my sister and brother-in-law came over and she made us a delicious dinner of chicken fajitas and we played some really fun board games. It was a great night and we had a lot of fun. I got to feel the baby move which was really cool. I can't wait till she gets here so I can hold her! I love being an aunt! It's the best. Now I will have two nieces to spoil! :-)
This morning I went with a friend of mine to a big sale they were having at a local used children's clothing store and got some really good bargains on winter clothes for the kids. We also hit a couple of yard sales and had a nice lunch at a deli. It was really nice because we haven't had much chance to hang out lately.
This weekend I am trying to get one of my classes finished up. It's going ok, I am reading this book that I have to do a review on and I am about done so I am going to try to write the paper tonight. Then I have two more assignments to finish, which I can hopefully accomplish tomorrow. My husband is really good about entertaining the kids when he is home and I need to get work done...HOWEVER today it ended up raining all day so he couldn't really take them outside. Needless to say, the reading has been going pretty slow, as this house is very small and I can basically hear everything that goes on from one end of it to the other. :-)
Well, that's about all that is going on around here right now...just wanted to post a little update! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment