Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday I went out to dinner and a movie with my sister. She will be having the baby any day now and so we wanted to have a fun night, just the two of us, before her life is forever changed! And it will be...but for the better, of course! We had a really good time and I didn't get home till around midnight. Saturday was pretty uneventful. Danny worked all weekend, so the kids and I found some things to do around the house. Nothing too exciting, but it was nice to just kind of relax. My mom, brother, and sister came to visit for a little bit. Sunday it was great to be back in church again. After coming out of a week of campmeeting, it feels like forever waiting three or four days to get to church again. It was a good day, the Lord did some awesome things, and our Pastor had an incredible word to give us. I loved hearing all the speakers during campmeeting, but I love having my pastor back in the pulpit again because he has a heart for his sheep and he is unbelievably annointed. We are a very blessed church.

Today I've been working on cleaning house a little while Danny works outside. I took the kids outside to ride bikes for a while. I am sad that they have to go back to school in three weeks. I am not ready. The summer has literally flown by. Don't get me wrong, some days when I am really worn out and frustrated, school starts looking pretty good! But for the most part, it will be hard to see them go again.

I have been really tired lately. I think it has just taken a while for my body to get back to normal from the miscarriage...I actually just stopped feeling queasy a couple of days ago. I need my energy renewed. I have to fight this feeling of heaviness every day. I'm not sure if it's more physical or mental. But I know this: God is bigger. He's been so good to me, I cannot tell it all! So I'm hanging in there, claiming my victory. I know that he will carry me through this, just like he's carried me through so many other situations in my life.

Most of the struggles I've had in my past, I have kept to myself. God has always sustained me. But I have to say...through this current situation, I have had so many people praying for me and encouraging me...and just helping me get through it. And it really does make a huge difference. I can't even tell you how many things I have had to get through with just me and God...and don't get me wrong, HE is all I need. But there is so much comfort in being surrounded by saints of God who truly do love you and hurt for you. It's God's way of physically being there for you. I am so thankful for all of the people who have shown God's love to me during this time.

But most of all, I am thankful to the Lord...he is my everything and he has never let me down.



Psalm 57:1-2(NIV)
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

No comments: