Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend





Time is literally flying by now! We only have 24 days left until Hallie is born! Danny works 12 of those days, and out of those 12 days off, we only have about 6 that we can use to finish getting work done around here. It's getting crazy! :-) The great thing is, though, that it does make the time go by faster and that's a good thing since I am so anxious to meet my baby girl.





We have finished most of the construction work on the house for right now. We still have to finish up a little bit of trim on our bedroom closet and hang the sliding doors, put in a few squares of flooring where the wall used to be, and paint the new doors. Other than that, it's mostly down to cleaning and outdoor work. Since we'll be so busy after the baby gets here, I really want to get our flowers planted and wash the siding and repaint the porch and finish the landscaping that Danny started last summer and never finished. So most of Danny's days off will be spent outside. Most of my days will be spent spring cleaning! Which, believe it or not, I am actually enjoying. If my feet didn't get so swollen, I could probably go non-stop 24/7. I think I must be nesting! :-)





This past weekend I celebrated (with very little excitement) my 31st birthday. I do not enjoy turning another year older. Every year seems to go by faster than the year before. But we did have a good time. Friday night we celebrated with the kids. Danny helped them make a birthday cake for me and we ordered pizza with my favorite topping: green olives. It was a lot of fun. And then on Saturday we had a busy day and that evening the kids went to spend the night with Amber and Andy (thanks guys!) while Danny and I went out for a night alone. We had a very nice dinner and were planning on seeing a movie but I was zapped by eight and ready to head home for the night. But we still had a nice peaceful evening together and it was great to sleep all night without Holly kicking me in the back.





This weekend I also got my crib bedding. I was so excited because I caught it on clearance and with a coupon that I had, I got it for a fraction of the original price. Speaking of which, the girls' room is all finished now. It is so cute! Everything is PINK...which I love! Holly has plenty of room for all of her Dora decor and there is still lots of room for Hallie's crib. I will take pictures soon and post them.





This week is going to be another busy one. I'm really looking forward to Friday night. My grandma is taking me and the girls to the play Little Women for my birthday. I can't wait! Anyone who knows me well, knows that I thrive on that kind of thing. It's going to be a lot of fun.





Well, that's about all I have right now. Above are some pictures from my birthday. :-)

No comments: