Only days left
Until I hold her in my arms
Until I breathe deeply the scent of her heavenly aroma
Until I kiss her tiny mouth
And touch her unbelievably soft skin
When I see her face
I will feel such joy
Such wonder
Such love and gratitude and awe
At her beauty and at His goodness
And I will take a moment
And I will think of you
And what you mean to me
And how much I crave these simple pleasures
Of your birth into this world
I will whisper that I love you
And that I wish you were here
And I will mourn this time with you that I was not given
These precious seconds of introduction
Between mother and child
But I will rejoice in the birth of your sister
I will always admire you for going on ahead
So that she could be
For while her purpose is here on earth
Yours was in heaven
As she grows and lives and loves
I will love her with everything in me
But I will never forget you
I will never stop missing you
I will never stop dreaming of the day
That I see you there
In a place that is perfect
A place where you never have to hurt or cry
A place that you were created for, designed for, chosen for
That first time I hold her in my arms
I will breathe deeply
The scent of her heavenly aroma
And I will feel you in that breath
In that God-kissed second
Of passage between eternity and earth
And I will take a moment
And I will think of you
And what you mean to me
I love you.
1 comment:
These are tears of joy...
because one day, and maybe very soon, we will see the little ones that have gone home. I love your writing...it is beautiful.
Post a Comment