Sunday, May 25, 2008
Four days from now!
I'm so excited to meet Hallie! It won't be long now! Danny works one last night tonight and then he is off for three weeks to enjoy his new daughter and help me out while I'm recovering. I have a to-do list for us to get finished up before Thursday, so it's going to be a busy few days. I spent a lot of time last night writing out some detailed instructions for the daily routine and a tentative schedule for Danny and the kids while I am in the hospital. All I really ask is that the house is mostly the way I left it when I get home and that the kids get bathed every night before bed. It looks like the kids will be staying at my sister's on Friday night so that Danny can spend some time with Hallie and me in the hospital. That is, of course, providing that I don't get stuck with a roommate. I had a roommate for one night with Nick and it was horrible. I also made a list of what to pack in my hospital bag. So now all I have to do is pack it. The diaper bag has been ready to go for months, so a quick check-over will be all that is needed there. I had the hardest time sleeping last night. I had two really good nights where I got some actual rest and then last night, it was almost an impossibility. I think it is a combination of things...anticipation, planning, discomfort...and the fact that my mind does not want to shut off. For the most part, I feel pretty at peace about the birth...I definitely have my moments of anxiety and nervousness when I dwell too much on thoughts of the surgery, but I have to remember that all is in God's hands and worrying won't "add a single moment to my life." If you read my last post, you know that my sweet angel has been on my mind a lot as of late. After losing a child, I know that nothing is guaranteed in this life...and I could let that drive fear into my heart. But I have to cast down those thoughts and rest assured that God is in control and that there is no other way to live but under his very protective hand. No matter what, He is my strong tower and the lifter of my head. I will not give in to fear and doubt. I will enjoy even these last four days of life in my womb and then God willing, I will enjoy the blessing of life in my arms. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment