Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby, I'm Ready!

I am in the homestretch now with only 16 more days to go! And let me tell you, I'm starting to feel it! I had a dr's appointment today...and I had a few things to complain about. He was very sympathetic and assured me that most of my problems would go away when I deliver in a couple of weeks. He told me that the numbness in my hand that I have been having constantly this week is carpal tunnel and to wear a wrist brace at night while I'm sleeping. So I'm going to try that to see if it helps. When he was feeling my belly to see how the baby is lying, something must have hit my sciatic nerve because pain started shooting all over my back. It was so horrible that I was almost in tears. He promised not to torture me like that again. Anyway, he thinks the baby is probably in a breech position, which is not a big deal because I am having a c-section anyway. It does, however, explain the very uncomfortable kicks I've been feeling this week, and I am hoping she will turn back around. To add to my displeasure, I gained 5lbs in two weeks! This really didn't come as any surprise to me because I am pretty much swollen from head to foot. But I was not thrilled to see that number on the scale. Ok, so enough of the complaints! I am super excited to meet Hallie in a couple of weeks! Not looking forward to the surgery and recovery and all that it entails, but that is overshadowed by the anticipation of meeting my little baby girl! Only 16 more days to go, and all I can say is...I AM SO READY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

14 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!