Thursday, May 22, 2008
A Tired Note
Well, I was up pretty much all night long last night with pains (contractions??? I have no idea if that's what they REALLY were...it has been 8 years since I've experienced actual labor...). It was NOT a fun night. The morning brought no relief and so I struggled to get ready and we headed to the dr's office for my already scheduled appointment. I was pretty miserable by the time he came in to see me. He took one look at me and decided to do an exam to see if my cervix was changing. No such luck. He told me that we will go ahead and keep the c-section scheduled for the 29th but that if I start having regular pains or if my water breaks, to get to the hospital. So that is the plan. One more week of misery. I can do it! The pains have slowed down a bit since I got home today so apparently my body just thinks it needs to practice for something that it will never have to actually perform. I really wish I could have an easy week so that I could finish getting everything done. I still have so much cleaning that I want to do. Yesterday I did not move off the couch the entire day other than to use the bathroom and fix meals. I thought that would help but if my night was any indication, I guess it doesn't really matter much. So the good news is that I don't have to go back to the clinic again before the big day. No more waiting and waiting and waiting. In exactly one week I will be holding Hallie in my arms. I can hardly wait! It's going to be more than enough reward for these last couple of weeks of discomfort. In my head, I know that...but in the meantime, it's kind of hard to tell my body that. Being tired does horrible things to you. I did not gain any weight this week, which brings my grand total weight gain to 21lbs. I guess I can live with that. I broke my goal by a pound, but that's really not too bad. Well, I am off. I have to take Hailey and Nick to a birthday party tonight. Sorry for my less than chipper post today. Exhaustion has taken over my body. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw...I can honestly say with sympathy, that I understand! Don't worry though, you only have six more days! Woo Hoo! Just take it easy! Love ya sis!
Post a Comment