Saturday, January 3, 2009

Study with your Kids!!! You'll Never Regret It!

We have a JBQ meet to get ready for next Saturday and unfortunately because of the holidays, we have been slacking quite a bit on studying for this one. So this weekend has been full of study time! You'd think it would be exhausting, but I feel so refreshed! You know, you forget how much eating of the Word does for you. The more you eat, the better you feel!! (That's the one scenario where this actually rings true!) Speaking of eating of the Word, I caught Hallie taking this a bit too literally the other day as she was trying to eat the JBQ cards. Anyway, one of the quotes that Hailey memorized just really gave me a boost tonight so I thought I would remind you all of it (I'm sure you've heard it and read it a million times over the years!!). We had to repeat it SO many times for her to memorize it word for word...eventually it starts to seep into your soul and becomes so much more than words on a page. Try saying it over and over and over till you feel it...here it is:

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion, until the day of Christ Jesus!

Short but sweet, Simple but POWERFUL!

I'm reminded of that song...from when I was little...maybe you've heard it...

He's still working on me
To make me what I want to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient he must be
He's still working on me
He's still working on us! He will never stop! He promised to finish what he started. :-) We may look in the spiritual mirror and not like what we see...but what he sees is so much different than what we see. We see short comings and failures...he sees an unfinished sculpture, a masterpiece in the works. He sees not just who we are now, but what we will become...under his direction, his careful guidance. That completion won't fully come until we are in his awesome presence, but in the meantime, we should ENJOY being a work in progress...what better way to live life than beneath the skilled hands of the Master!
Have thine own way, Lord
Have thine own way
Thou art the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
After thy will
While I am waiting
Yielded and still
PS~I almost forgot to mention that Hallie is now CRAWLING!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

All I can say is thank you. I needed that today.

Sarah said...

He's still working on me is one of my fav songs to sing to my girls. Okay, just to sing to myself.