Monday, January 26, 2009

A Quick Update for my fans...haha

Been too busy to write much lately!! I thought Saturday would be Hailey's last basketball game, considering it was a tournament game and they have lost every single game this season...but a MIRACLE happened and they won the game!!! So they will be playing again this Saturday for the championship! We are all shocked and very excited!

We are on Week 3 of our new family rules for a healthy lifestyle and we are doing great! I can honestly say that I have not caved once. The most difficult thing about it is passing all the chocolatey goodies in the grocery store...but God is really giving me the strength. Seeing my kids eating healthy is giving me a lot of motivation. Our new rules are: 1)No fast food, except when necessary, and then make healthy choices such as Subway 2)Limit sweets to 1-2 per week (I actually gave up sweets and caffeine for our 40 day fast at church, so until that is over, my servings of sweets are zilch!, 3)Exercise 30 minutes per day, 4)Try to follow the food pyramid (especially with fruits and veggies), and 5)Watch portion sizes!! I have also really started trying to find healthy alternatives for the food that we used to eat. For instance, instead of hamburger helper, I've been making chicken helper...instead of white bread, we are eating wheat bread...and instead of desserts we are eating sugar-free jello. The one thing that I miss the most is chocolate but even that is getting easier to deal with. And once the fast is over, I plan on letting myself have small treats every once in a while. I really believe it's all about moderation. Danny is doing the Biggest Loser challenge at work and he's doing great. But we both agree that these changes are ones that we want to be permanent. That's why we're not doing anything too drastic that we know we can't ultimately stick to.

We're supposed to be getting some snow tonight! I am really hoping we get enough for the kids to play in. They have been waiting for that since Thanksgiving!

Here are some pictures from the last few days.





Hallie & Ellie out to lunch with all of us girls on Monday


Meme and Holly reading a book after lunch


Hallie and Holly playing dress-up...Hallie wasn't a fan!

Hallie doing what she loves most!

Showing off her purple hat that she only wore for about two seconds!

No comments: