Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not feeling so hot

It's been a few days and I want to write a blog, but I'm not feeling very well today. Not well enough for any insightful reflections or witty jargon. So I'm stealing my friend Kim's idea and taking the survey she posted on her blog a few days ago. Enjoy and feel free to copy and paste!



2008 Survey



1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before? Nursed in a restaurant! haha! And also at the park...and the movies. Babies are life-altering.



2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I don't recall making any last year. I have made two for this year. #1 Live a healthier lifestyle and #2 Read more to my kids.



3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did! Is that close enough??



4. Did anyone close to you die? Not very close.



5. What countries did you visit? Sadly, none.



6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Sleep.



7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 12th, Fun Arts Festival when Hailey did her first ministry solo, April 13th when us girls went to see HSM on Ice, and May 29th, the birth of my beautiful daughter! And I can't remember the date, but the TOBYMAC concert was AMAZING!



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth....and well, breastfeeding, if you must know. :-)



9. What was your biggest failure? Ugh, finances.



10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major, thank God.



11. What was the best thing you bought? couch and loveseat



12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? names that are unmentionable... :-(



13. Where did most of your money go? Bills, gas, and groceries.



14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having Hallie!



15. What song will always remind you of 2008? I Will Not Be Moved by Natalie Grant



17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Lol, well a) depends on the day, b) I was pregnant this time last year, and c) richer because now I have four children instead of three



18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more quality time with the kids.



19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.



20. How did you spend Christmas? Home most of the day, playing with new toys and having brunch...then at my parents' for the evening.



21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yup, with my new baby.



23. What was your favorite TV program? Too many to choose from...probably The Biggest Loser



24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone.



25. What was the best book you read? I haven't had a lot of time to read, and what I have read I don't remember the titles.



26. What did you want and get? a healthy baby



28. What did you want and not get? Oh gosh...haha this list could go on forever! What's the point?



29. What was your favorite film this year? National Treasure Book of Secrets

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31...I can't quite remember what I did, I just remember I was hugely pregnant.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Less stress!!!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Ok, that is just laughable.

32. What kept you sane?Jesus

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I love Kate Hudson

35. What political issue stirred you the most? the presidential election and the abortion issue

36. Who did you miss? my kids when they were at school

37. Who was the best new person you met? Kim :-)

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. God is in control. Let go and step away. His plan is always best.

No comments: