Monday, December 29, 2008

Another Year Gone By

I can hardly believe 2008 is nearing its end.



In many ways, this year has been one of the most difficult of my life.



In other ways... the most important ways... it has been one of the best. So, as this year draws to a close, I will think back on it without regrets. What's done is done, what happened...happened. There is nothing I can do to change any of the past...nor is there any sense in worrying about the future. The only thing I can do is give my very best for the present....be all I can be as God's child, as a wife, and as a mother. God is in complete control and whatever is to be in 2009 rests completely in his hands. If there are to be trials, I know he will see me through. If there are to be victories, I know they will be because of him. But through it all, the trials, the victories, the ups and the downs, I will hold on to his unfailing hand with every ounce of strength that I have because I know that he will never let me go.



My highlight of 2008 is this:

Four of the most beautiful children I have ever laid eyes on...the most incredible blessings God has ever given me...and always the memory of the one waiting for us in heaven.



My prayer for 2009 is this:

Supernatural Protection, Provision, and Favor for my family.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas this year. Ours was great but went way too fast. I will post pictures soon. Have a fun and safe New Year!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's right. I have had tough times this year but you're right, we can't do anything to chance it. All we can do is the best we can and trust that God will see us through. Its really hard to do sometimes, but even then he's there watching over us. Reminds me of the 'Footprints' poem. "It was then that I carried you." Thanks for the thoughts, and have a very blessed new year just as I hope to. :D

The Corey Family said...

Very true...God has brought us all through some major things this past year. Financial difficulties, jobs lost, new jobs, new babies, lost babies...but through it all we have always had the hope that God will still be there tomorrow. Love you. Can't wait to see the Christmas pics!