
So far tonight, things seem to be pretty calm. I just tucked the kids in and hopefully they will sleep soundly in their beds through the night. Hallie went to bed about an hour ago and she is now fussing. I am hoping she will soothe herself back to sleep. I need sleep desperately! Nick is doing better...he hasn't thrown up since ten this morning...but he is definitely not back to himself yet. He is still warm and his cheeks are bright red and his eyes are blood shot. I forgot to mention that he is also dealing with a cold on top of the flu. He had some toast and sprite this evening and he has kept it down so far. I really hope everyone is well tomorrow so we can enjoy our day.
Here is Nick, mustering a smile...

Hailey got out her Easy Bake Oven last night and baked some cakes. She had so much fun and didn't even need any help from me. I like that she is old enough to follow instructions now. After that we played a game of Scrabble. She did need my help a little with that, only because she wasn't satisfied with low scoring words. :-) I helped her come up with a couple of doozies. It was nice to have that one on one time with her for a while.


After another game that we played with Holly and Nick, we settled in to watch Fly Me to the Moon, and it was almost over when Nick started vomiting. And thus started my fun night of cleaning up and comforting, all the while taking care of Hallie who didn't have much interest in sleeping.
Despite the flu, our day today wasn't really all bad. It was kind of nice and peaceful. We did a lot of reading. I think we all needed a day to unwind. I didn't even turn the television on until this evening. It was pretty quiet around here, and that is unusual.
I stuck Hallie in a laundry basket with some toys to keep her contained for a couple of minutes so I could switch the laundry over. It didn't last long...she decided to try to climb out and tipped it over!

Holly is really into the game Pretty Pretty Princess right now so I played that with her tonight. She is so cute. She likes to make up her own rules as we go, and I don't argue. At the end of the game when she (of course) won, she put on all her jewelry and her crown and looked in the little mirror and with a very pleased look said, "I do look beautiful."
Hallie did something so crazy tonight. It completely shocked me. She pulled up to stand! She did it all by herself with no help from me. She was sitting on the couch and she was trying to get my book that was sitting on top of the couch so she went for it. She did it three times in a row. It was so cute, and of course I took pictures.




Ok, well I am going to try to get to bed early and pray for a full night of sleep! :-) God bless!
1 comment:
I hope your family gets to feeling better soon. Hallie is too little to be pulling up.
Post a Comment