We had two full days off school because of the weather! It was so nice (other than the virus making its way through our family!) and today at 2:30 officially marks the beginning of Christmas break! We even had a two-hour delay today, so the kids will only be in school for 4 1/2 hours.
Amber and Andy kept the three older kids all day yesterday and Danny and I spent the day together and did our Christmas shopping. It was fun, even though I had come down with Holly's bug and was making frequent trips to the restroom! :-/ Holly is doing much better today, she is finally eating a little. Hailey has now started with the diarrhea...(by the way, why is that word so hard to spell??? Every time I type it I have to use spell check!)...but she wanted to go to school today for their christmas party so I let her. Hopefully she will be ok until 2:30 and not spread her germs to anyone else.
Hallie has been very fussy and clingy since last night, which leads me to think either she has a touch of the virus, her cold is still bothering her, or she is teething again. Who knows with a seven month old???
We have a pretty easy weekend...Danny is working so we will probably be staying in a lot. I plan on making cookies and watching Christmas movies and reading books. I made two batches of applesauce drops this week for the kids to take to school. I'm ready for something chocolatey! I'm also going to make some Mexican Wedding Cakes. The kids love helping me make those.
Does anyone watch The Biggest Loser? I was so psyched that Michelle won!!!! YAY!! They all looked fantastic! If only I had Jillian or Bob screaming at me every day! Maybe I could lose weight too! I am going to try to start doing some sort of exercise, though. I have lost all of the weight I gained with Hallie plus 20 lbs, believe it or not, but it isn't really showing!! I guess after four kids you have to do a little more than just lose weight. Blech. If you know me very well, you know how much I detest exercise!
Well, I got my ten minutes of "me" time and now Hallie is crying for me!! Must go for now! :-)
1 comment:
glad to hear that everyone is starting to feel better! Sounds like fun baking cookies and all i love mexican wedding cakes you'll have to give me the recipe for them i love them! have fun see you on sunday
Post a Comment