This weekend was so busy! Friday night Hailey had her first ever birthday party for friends. She invited all the girls from church and school and I am happy to say that she had a really good turn out! She had a total of fifteen girls there! The party was a lot of fun...we had a nail salon station, scrapbooking station, and karaoke station. Hailey had tons of fun and I think the other girls did too. Saturday was the Fun Arts Festival, which was about two hours out of town. Hailey and Nick were both in a group human video for our children's drama team and Hailey was also in a solo human video and a group interpretive worship (dance). She got Superior honors for all three categories and was asked to present her solo at the closing ceremony because all the judges were so impressed with it. She was one of the only five who were asked to do that and I was so proud of her. She will be ministering her solo again in front of our own congregation this coming Sunday morning. We rode the church bus back and forth to Fun Arts and by the time we got home Saturday night, I was completely wiped out. It was a long and very uncomfortable trip. To top off the weekend, we drove another two hours out of town on Sunday with Amber and Ellie to go see High School Musical the Ice Tour. Amber got Hailey tickets for her birthday. It was a really awesome show and the girls loved every minute of it. Even Ellie was dancing and singing during the performance. It was really fun and neat. But by the time we got back home that night, I could barely walk because my feet were so swollen. The weekend was a blast, but I paid for it. I am still not back to normal. It was worth it though!
Yesterday was my 32 week dr's appointment. You never know how long you are going to be at the clinic when you go. My last appointment, I was there for a total of about ten minutes. This time, I was there for an hour and a half. But everything is looking good. I gained three lbs in two weeks, which I was not happy about, but I am pretty sure most of it is from the swelling. The nurse commented that this was going to be a big baby when she was getting her heart tones. I wonder how big she will be? I am excited to find out. My last doctor thought Holly would be around nine lbs, and she only weighed 6lbs 13oz. So it will be interesting. We have only six more weeks to wait! I am ready for her to get here! Other than the swelling, though, I have no complaints. I feel pretty good. Sometimes her head feels pretty heavy when I am walking around, but it's nothing too major. I am getting exhausted much more quickly now, which makes getting things done around here kind of difficult. But I am definitely doing as much as I can.
Saturday my sister is throwing me a baby shower and I am so excited about that! I told her in the beginning when she said she wanted to that she shouldn't because this is my 4th baby...but I am really glad she decided to. I have some really close friends now from church that I didn't have with my other babies and I want to share this special time with them. It should be a lot of fun! :-)
Well, I think that's about all the updates I have for right now. Here are some pictures from our fun weekend!
Hailey and a few of the girls at her party
Hannah Montana bday cake
Singing Happy Birthday
Hailey and Rion
Nick sleeping on the bus Saturday
No comments:
Post a Comment