Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pictures of my sweet Hallie

I am so full of joy right now...Hallie is absolutely beautiful and I feel so blessed and thankful. Nothing could have prepared me for how clearly I would see her little face today. It was one of the best hours of my entire life. I am truly amazed at what modern technology can do.

I went to the ultrasound appointment today with one thing on the forefront of my mind. I have been worried all week that the dr's prediction was wrong and the technician today would tell us that this baby is actually a boy. All I could think of was how many clothes I would have to return and exchange...and how I would have to reprogram my mind to think of this baby as Alex and not Hallie. Lol...it's so silly how we get so consumed with these things, when just a few short years ago, people never even had the opportunity to find out their child's sex until it made it's grand entrance into the world. Not that I would have been disappointed with a boy, but I have been thinking of her as a girl for so long now...it would just be such a shock. Anyway, the technician assured us right away that she was 100% girl! So she is indeed Hallie and not Alex. :-) What a relief!

Hailey, Nick, and Holly all went with us to the ultrasound. They were so excited and amazed to see their sister on screen. The thrill was short-lived however, and they were bored within five minutes. But I am so glad they had the experience. It was really neat. Who knows how much more advanced the technology will be when they are grown up and having babies of their own. It will be interesting to see. I know my mom is amazed at the 3D ultrasound, and my grandma even more so. So I am sure I will be blown away by what they have created in twenty more years.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough. For those of you who didn't succumb to my "proud mama" picture showing-off expertise at church, here are the much anticipated pictures of my adorable, beautiful, perfect daughter...Hallie Denise. :-)













6 comments:

Teresa Ulrich said...

Looks just like a Henke!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow crystal, she is so beautiful!!!! I cant wait to get to see her :)

Only we live just 5 minutes awaqy I dont seem to get a chance to see you unles we are out on teh go because this life time is so busy :( but we need to set a time so we can get together......i miss Hailey, Nick and holly ( Its always great to see all your smiling faces)

love ya
Cindy

The Corey Family said...

I'm not surprised how beautiful she is! All of your kids are gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her!!!!! 7 WEEKS TODAY! Love you!

The Landin's Page said...

Wow! It is amazing how clear your pictures are and how much she looks like the other three. Can't wait to see her in person.

Unknown said...

She's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. she already looks just like you

The Julian Family said...

beautiful pictures can't wait to see the baby girl i'm so happy for you guys you are so blessed love yah