It's been a week since I've written so I wanted to at least leave an update. I am just too exhausted to upload pictures right now so I will try to do that later. The last week has been less than fun! The kids had probably the worst spring break they've ever had. After Nick got over the stomach flu, Hailey's cold kicked into high gear and she was sick for most of the week. She is still coughing quite a bit even now. Then on Wednesday night, I got the flu and was pretty sick unti Friday night. On Saturday, Danny started getting sick and had the flu the entire rest of the weekend. In the process of all of this, Holly caught Hailey's cold! On top of all the sickness, almost every day of our break was rainy and cold. What a bummer! I was so disappointed with the way things turned out. I had a list of things I wanted to get done over the week and I accomplished absolutely NONE of it. The remodeling project has continued to progress, as Danny did get to work on it most of the week until he got sick. However, it isn't close to completion yet and my house is in total disarray and covered in drywall dust.
As I look back over this first paragraph, I have to reprimand myself. All I see is this: COMPLAIN, WHINE, POUT, SIGH. What a baby I am at times! When things don't go my way, I get discouraged so quickly. When, really, I have so much to be thankful for. My house may be a mess and not the way I want it, but praise God I have a house! My family may have been sick the whole week, but praise God I have a wonderful healthy family! The weather may not have been perfect, but praise God for the rain that makes everything grow and thrive!
So, let me try to give you the positive elements of my week instead of weighing you down with my gripes! My kids were HOME all week instead of spending seven hours a day at school! Thursday night when I was too sick to get off the couch, I laughed hysterically with the kids when we watched Cheaper by the Dozen 2 for about the millionth time together. Friday night, we all sat down together and played games and chatted and just enjoyed each other's company. Saturday, cold as it was, the sunshine was out and we went to the park to play together. Saturday afternoon, we went to a party to celebrate my niece's first birthday. Sunday, when Hailey and Nick and I were on our way to drama practice, we put in a Toby Mac cd and sang along as loud as we could. We definitely had some great moments this past week...ones worth remembering, not pushing aside to make room for the complaints! And the good news is in only seven more weeks, Hailey and Nick will be on summer break! I am so excited!
Today I had my 30 week Dr appointment. My dr was on vacation so I had to see a different one and I wasn't too crazy about her, but it just made me more thankful for my own dr. The good thing is that I was in and out of there like lightening, which is pretty unusual for the clinic. I have to go back on Thursday to have my 3hr glucose test. I was supposed to have it last Thursday but I had to call and cancel it since I had the flu. I am not looking forward to it at all, but I am praying that I will pass it. And then next Wednesday is the big day! We have our 3D ultrasound. I am really excited about that. And my next appt is scheduled for April 15th. So everything is going great. I feel pretty good most of the time, just a little more tired than usual and having a bit of trouble getting comfortable in bed at night. Really, this trimester hasn't been too bad at all so far. I don't feel all that huge yet. Of course, that will probably change soon since the baby gains a half pound a week. I have only gained 14lbs so far and my goal is to not gain more than 20, so I think I might make it. Only eight more weeks to go!
Well, it's about time to go pick up the kids from school...yay! :-) I will try to post pictures soon!
5 comments:
Hey girl! (Tina here) I couldn't sleep tonight, so I thought I would stop in and see what you have been up to lately! HOW FUN to see all your preggy pics!!! You are BEAUTIFUL! Oh and to see all those sweet children's precious faces! (((HUGS)))) to you all! I wanted to also give you the news that I am expecting a baby in November, and this time things are going very well so far. I am very sick, which is a REALLY good sign for me! :0)
Anyways....just wanted to say hi and give you hugs!
Love ya,
Tina
Hang in there, Soon the sun will be out, their wont be any rain. The kids will be out of school, Danny might be done with Nicks room. And you will be holding Hallie in your arms. Love ya girl
i know what you mean this week hasn't been the best spring break for my kids either but praise God anyway, it's true sometimes we get so caught up in complaining about what's all going wrong and not focusing and thanking God for the things are going right have agreat week hope this week is better than the last one love ya
I hope you and your family are feeling better!!!!
Hey sis! Don't I understand what you are going through! There is always an over abundance of things to complain about! But wow! We just have to open our eyes to see the amazing blessings we have right before us! Less than 7 weeks and the kids will be out of school and you and Hallie will be home shortly after that! God is awesome!
(By the way...what are you going to call Hallie's page? Hmmm...)
Post a Comment