Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Chatty Today...

I had a rough night's sleep last night and it actually had nothing to do with the baby (she's still sleeping and it's been over eleven hours since I put her to bed). It was Danny! He tossed and turned all night and got out of bed about three or four times. He has such a hard time sleeping at night when he is working night shift. Part of me felt so bad for him...and part of me wanted to kill him! :-) I didn't get too much sleep. But oh well. Tonight and tomorrow night are his last two nights to work for another month. For one whole month, I can enjoy a semi-normal routine!

Holly is feeling much better. It turned out to be nothing more than a cold. I'm so thankful! So it seems that we are all on the mend. Yesterday I went and bought new toothbrushes for everyone in hopes of not passing around any more germs. I bought Hallie her first real toothbrush. It was getting really hard to use that little thing you put on your finger. She loves it. I also got to go grocery shopping ALL BY MYSELF! It was so nice!

I don't normally watch Dr. Phil because he has said and done a lot of things in the past couple of years that I don't believe in, but I happened to catch it Monday and it was really neat. They had a family on there that they called the "Cheapest Family in America" and they were giving some really good tips on how to live beneath your means and budget your money. They also had this woman on there from www.frugalcouponmom.com and I really liked hearing her tips on saving money on your grocery bill! I am ready to start clipping coupons! I am trying to figure out how to get the coupons to print from her site, because apparently if you combine those coupons with manufacturer's coupons and store sales, you can get your groceries for a fraction of the normal cost! Boy, I could sure use that!

Last night I got to spend a little time with my cousin Annie and one of my good friends from way back, Amanda. Amanda brought her two little girls with her and they are about the same ages as Holly and Hallie. It was nice to see them and catch up a little. We went to Pizza Hut and I was very good and just had salad and one breadstick, and about a half of a cinna-stick. It's getting easier and easier to eat right even when I go out. I used to feel like I was depriving myself if I ate like that. I had the mentality that if I was going to spend the money to go out to eat, I was going to get something GOOD. Now, I actually stop and think about what the consequences will be of what I am getting ready to eat.

My weight loss is slow...very slow. It's been eight weeks and I've only lost 11.5 lbs. But it's going in the right direction. I know I need to add more exercise to my lifestyle, but it's so much easier said than done. I keep saying I need to get out Dance Dance Revolution and play that for about 30 minutes a day. That is GOOD exercise! And it's something I can do with the kids. We even have the Disney edition. Danny is doing great. He's lost 20 lbs and probably more...he hasn't weighed himself in a few days. I am so proud of him. He looks a lot more healthy and I think he feels better about himself. His final weigh-in for the Biggest Loser competition at work is next Friday.

Well, I didn't intend to write this long of a post but things just kept coming to my mind. :-) I need to get off the computer and start Holly's school! Until next time...

:-)

No comments: