Sunday, March 29, 2009

Feeling Wistful...

It's late Sunday night and I am getting ready to go to bed. Spring Break has come and gone this week. I am so sad to see it go. I loved having the kids home with us. We had a great week. We didn't do a lot...but we spent some good quality time together. We tried to think of some fun things to do with little or no money involved. Last weekend we actually got to take an overnight trip to the JBQ State Tournament in New Whiteland. It was a lot of fun and the kids did great. They got fourth place, which we were all very impressed with, this being their first year and quizzing against some three and four year veterans! Hailey got a trophy for 7th place individual score. Nick did an awesome job...he quizzed out five times! The only reason he didn't place in the top ten was because the questions he answers are only worth 10 points, whereas Hailey's are worth 20 and 30 points. But he answered more questions than she did throughout the meet. We were so proud of both of them, and the rest of the team.




Saturday night when we got home, we decided to treat the kids to a movie. We had some gift certificates that were waiting on a date night but we thought it would be fun to use them as a family. So we picked a five-buck-club movie (http://www.fivebuckclub.net/) and off we went. Too bad that I only got to see about ten minutes of the movie...but I learned a valuable lesson...10 month olds do NOT sit through movies!!!




On Thursday, we went to Turkey Run for the day! It was so much fun! We went on trails and had a picnic lunch and explored the nature center. Now, anyone who knows me very well knows that I am not an outdoorsy girl...but I have to admit that it was beautiful outside and I enjoyed almost every minute of it. The best part is...this was a completely FREE day!












Yesterday, we went to Bloomington to the Wonderlab Museum. If you have never been there, you should definitely go some time! It's pretty inexpensive and my kids loved every minute of it, even Hallie. I went with Hailey on a field trip there a couple of years ago and have been meaning to take the family since then. I am so glad we got the opportunity to go. There is so much to learn there and plenty of hands-on activities that keep your kids busy for hours, but it's not so big that it's overwhelming. Afterwards, we stopped at a small family-owned pizza place and had a great time laughing and talking and eating. Hanging right above our booth was this picture and the kids just had to have a picture of it because they said it was a picture of them! It was pretty neat!




So, those were some of our most memorable days of Spring Break 09. We also had a couple of trips to the park and some movie nights at home. I will be sad to take Hailey and Nick back to school in the morning. Spring Break always makes me more ready than ever for Summer Break.


One last thing before I go....Happy Birthday to my niece Adi today who is now two years old...a belated Happy Birthday to my niece Ainsley who is now one....and Happy 10 month Birthday to my little monkey Hallie!









No comments: