Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

I have so much to be thankful for this year! God has shown me this year more than ever before his faithfulness and his compassion. I am so blessed!!!

Today we enjoyed a wonderful meal around the table with my family. There was lots of delicious food and we ate way too much. Danny was blessed to get holiday hours today and had to leave for work at six, so we came home by 4:30 to spend some time with him and rest before he had to leave. I must confess that the turkey and dressing got to me and I spent most of that time napping. Actually, I spend a lot of time napping these days...being three months pregnant has a way of zapping all my energy. But after he left for work, the kids and I decided to get our jammies on and snuggle onto the couch with a pile of nice warm blankets and some reheated leftovers and watch movies. It was so much fun. Sometimes I tend to get so distracted with adult conversation and fun games at holiday get togethers that I find myself tucking the kids in at the end of the night and realizing how little time I spent with them throughout the day. So this was good. It was good for them, and it was good for me. I love them so much...and I want them to always feel that. My son snuggled up beside me and pulled my arm around him and sat like that for a couple of hours. Every once in a while, he would lean over and hug me or kiss me and say, "Mommy, I love you."

It's amazing how much children just want to be in your presence. How it gives them joy just to sit beside you and watch a movie...even when you know there are so many other things that you could be doing. It means so much to them to be with you. I know that someday this will change and I need to be taking advantage of every second I have with them. So this year, I am most thankful for my children, and that they are still so young... and that God is continuously teaching me how to be a mom...not just any mom, but the mom that he called me to be.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

The Corey Family said...

Joy truly is found in the smallest things...the things we are so often to busy to see. You are blessed with your amazing children and being a mom is a calling! Love ya!