Monday, December 3, 2007
Christmas is Coming
Wow, December is going to be a busy month!!! It's only the third day and it's already been crazy. Friday night we set up our Christmas tree and watched a couple of Christmas movies. We were up really late...I think it was at least one before all of us got to bed. Then Danny and I got to do a lot of our Christmas shopping on Saturday. After the kids' basketball games, they went with their Uncle Andy and Aunt Bebe for the entire day and night. It was such a blessing to be able to have all that time to make a big dent in our shopping. We had a nice day together, albeit very exhausting. Yesterday, we had evangelist Randy Caldwell at church and he had two awesome words from the Lord to give us. It was so great, but by the time I got home last night I was dead on my feet and fell asleep on the couch almost as soon as I laid down. Today has been a bit more relaxing but I couldn't keep myself from trying to do a little clean up from our Christmas tree set-up mess. The house is not in the best shape, which is a result of two long months of pretty severe morning sickness. I have barely been able to lift a finger to do anything up until the last couple of weeks and we have had so much activity packed into those days that I haven't made much of a difference in it. Slowly, I am going to get it done though. Today I moved the baby's dresser into our room (I know, not the smartest thing to do by myself) and put away everything we have gotten for the baby so far (most of it from my sister). And I cleaned up the living room mess from putting the tree up. I also sent Danny with a huge box of stuff for the Goodwill. So I do feel like I accomplished a little bit today. Anyway, we have so much going on this month! We have a school program, a church program, four family Christmas get-togethers, Single-Mom's Christmas at our church, basketball games, a dance recital, three birthday parties, and of course more shopping and wrapping. It's a packed month but it's so much fun! The one thing we are going to be sure to do this year is to spend much of our Christmas day at home with the kids. Time is flying by so fast and I want to really treasure holidays with them. Danny always makes us breakfast Christmas morning, but this year we are going to make a big fancy brunch and eat on our good china. We want to start a new tradition and make it very special. And of course we want to take plenty of time to celebrate the real reason for the season, the birth of our Lord and Savior. The song the kids are singing in their play at church is called "Happy Birthday Jesus." They truly do understand that He is the reason we celebrate and it touches my heart to hear them sing it. I don't have any new pictures to post. I need to get new batteries for my camera. Another thing I need to do this week is get the kids' pictures taken in their Christmas clothes. I will be sure to order enough copies for everyone! This will be the last Christmas picture with only three children! :-) Everything seems to be going good with my pregnancy. My next appointment is next Tuesday. I'm sure I will have a good report. I am growing at an unbelievable rate. I am fully in maternity clothes now and enjoying every minute of it. The kids are all excited about the baby, but Holly has become the most excited. She touches and kisses my belly daily and is very impatient for the baby to come out. She says it is taking a long, long time "just like Bebe." It's very comforting for me to see her so ready for it. She has been my baby for four years and I was a little worried about how she would take it. But, I think she was born to be a big sister. :-) Well, I think I am done rambling for now. I hope to write again soon, but I can't promise anything with the craziness of the holiday approaching! God bless you all during this month of celebration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's funny, because you think we are doing you a favor by keeping the kids overnight, but honestly you are doing us a favor. We love having them soo much. They are growing so fast and I know this is time that we will never get back, so Andy and I also cherish these times with them. We have kept them while you've done your shopping since Holly was one and we wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you for sharing them with us...and we can't wait until there is a fourth!!!
Post a Comment