Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My One Month Old

We had a busy day today! I had my post-partum apptointment at 8:15 this morning and so I had to get up and get myself and all the kids ready to go by 7:45 after a whopping three hours of sleep. We met Danny at the dr's office so he could sit with the kids (he worked last night). My dr got hung up at the hospital and didn't arrive at the office until after 9, and didn't come in to see me till almost 9:30. But everything looks great, my incision is healing perfectly and I can pretty much resume my normal activities. So that was good news. Also, I am happy to say that I have officially lost 31 lbs! Not bad, considering I only gained 21! I am thrilled about that. Now if only I can keep losing! :-) After my appointment, we said goodbye to Danny so he could go home and go to sleep and then we headed to our family doctor to get a one-month weight check on Hallie (it's so hard to believe she's already a month old...almost five weeks, to be exact!) Just as I suspected, the chunky monkey is gaining weight just fine. She is now 10 lbs 5 oz! I feel so great knowing that the nursing is successful. After we left there, we went to my Grandma's and went swimming. This time I actually swam too and it was a lot of fun. It's been a good day but I am completely worn out and I think I may try to actually steal a nap in a little bit if I get the chance. Here is a picture of Hallie that I just took. You can see her little roly poly thigh if you look closely. :-)


1 comment:

The Corey Family said...

That's my little porker! Cute little chubby legs!