We went to Baskin Robbins tonight and I got a turtle blast thinking that it wouldn't have caffeine in it (I'm nursing and have had very little caffeine in the last six weeks). Well, as soon as I tasted it I could tell it was made with coffee. I went ahead and drank it because...let's face it, it was GOOD! Now it's midnight and I am so wide awake I feel like I could go for hours! Usually by this time I am crawling into bed with my eyes half shut. On the one hand, it feels so great to feel so awake, on the other hand, I know I will be regretting it in a couple hours when I have to get up with the baby! Yikes! Anyway, this is a good time to update!
Last Thursday Danny had the day off so we went to Indy and hit Chuck E. Cheese and the Children's Museum. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese...we hadn't been there since Holly was really little so it was like a new experience for her and she loved every minute of it. The museum was a little disappointing. We went because it is free from 4-8 the first Thursday of every month, but for that very reason, it was PACKED. It was so packed that we could barely look at anything...and we had to keep a constant eye on the kids so we didn't lose them in the crowd. They had some really cool new exhibits though, and I would love to go back again when it's less crowded. Hallie didn't like it too much...she was really fussy and had to be held the whole time, so Danny and I took turns with that. We did really good tag-teaming though. Each of us always had two kids to be in charge of, and it really wasn't too bad. After the museum, we had to go to White Castle for Danny because he loves it...I usually do too but this particular time it sounded disgusting to me so I got Blimpie's instead. All in all, it was a really fun day. Sometime this month we are planning on taking a little trip to Holiday World and also doing some things around Louisville, Kentucky. I am excited about that. I love having experiences with the kids that we can all put in our "memory banks." They are all growing up too fast.
Anyway, the next day was the fourth of July. I was anticipating kind of a rough day. It was the one year anniversary of my miscarriage. For the past week, anytime I would even think of it I would start crying. But God was merciful on Friday. I felt such peace and I got through the day and didn't cry until the night was over and Danny and I had a chance to sit by ourselves and talk about the baby. I don't ever want to forget...I always want her to be part of our existence. It's good to talk about it sometimes. It's even good to hurt and cry. It keeps the memory alive. Sometime soon we are going to plant a special tree in our yard in her honor so that we can have a constant reminder of her brief presence in our lives. So, the holiday turned out to be not as difficult as I was expecting. We had a great time at my parents' house. They had a cookout, and we hung out and played a game. Then we all headed over to our house so the guys could be guys and shoot off a bunch of fireworks. It was fun.
Danny went to help Andy with some car trouble tonight so the kids and I went along and hung out at my sister's house. Ellie was so much fun. She has the most hysterical dance...I was laughing so hard watching her. I told Amber, I love the age Hallie is right now, but I can't wait till she starts doing stuff like that. It's probably one of the cutest stages of childhood. Ellie loves Hallie, she kisses her and pats her. I just love watching her with her.
I will post a few pictures next time I'm online. I really do need to try to get to bed! :-)
1 comment:
congrats on the new addition to the family!!
Post a Comment