Hallie Denise is four weeks old today! It's unreal how fast time is flying by. She is really starting to be more alert and interactive. It's so much fun. Last night she slept for five hours straight. It felt so wonderful to actually get some sleep. For the most part, being a mom of four kids is not that much different than being a mom of three. I think once you reach a certain point, the number doesn't really matter anymore. :-) The only thing that is different is actually having a newborn in the house again, which creates a whole new set of responsibilities. I can't tell you how much different it is though, having a baby with slightly older children. Hailey was 13 months when Nick was born and the two of them were 3 and 2 when Holly was born. So this is the first time I have really had only one baby at a time since Hailey was born. It is so nice. I can actually enjoy her and I am not nearly as stressed out and overwhelmed. Also, being older makes a big difference too. I feel much more able to handle things than I did a few years ago. I am just really enjoying this experience and making the most out of every minute. It is difficult to get used to not having the same kind of freedom to do my housework as I did before she was born...but I have to keep telling myself that it's not important. I have years and years to do housework. So what if my house is a mess? This child will only be a baby for a little while. She will only be 28 days old this one day...I can never get it back. Why worry about dishes and laundry and dusting? Those will always be there.
Nick has been so great about helping out around the house. He does whatever chores I ask him to do without complaining. Hailey is not quite as willing to help out but she usually comes around. Holly is just the best little baby entertainer I've ever seen. Hallie adores her already. She will sit and sing to her, talk to her, and hold her forever. She especially likes to play This Little Piggy with her toes...I don't have the heart to tell her that Hallie has no clue what she is doing.
I am doing great. I feel almost completely healed. I was supposed to go to the dr today but didn't make it and rescheduled for Tuesday. Either tomorrow or Monday I will be taking Hallie in for a weight check and a shot. We are pretty much exclusively nursing, other than an occasional two ounce bottle at night when she is especially hungry. She is doing great with it. She is a good nurser and she seems to be gaining plenty of weight. By our scales, she weighs about 10 pounds now. I'm sure it could be off a little bit, but last time we went to the dr, it was less than what she ended up weighing. So we'll see. She sure feels a lot heavier to me and I'm pretty sure she has some new little rolls on her thighs. :-)
My favorite thing about Hallie is her smile. Sometimes she will look at me...I will see the recognition flash in her eyes and then this huge smile lights up her face. She has the MOST adorable dimple in her left cheek. It melts my heart. She ONLY smiles that big at me. It makes me feel so special. I love her so so so much.
Today we went swimming with my grandma (Meme to my kids) and Amber and Ellie. It was fun...the kids just love being in the water and it's nice to see them enjoying the summer. Hailey's had a fun week. Monday night she spent the night with her friend Sydney. It was her first overnight stay with a friend. I was kind of nervous about her being away from me and getting homesick, but she did great and said she had a really good time. And then last night she spent the night with Amber and Andy and of course she always has a good time there. Her aunt took her out to breakfast and shopping this morning and as usual spoiled her with some new clothes and earrings. :-)
Well, I could write about a million more things to catch up from the past month, but I will spare you that much reading and just try to keep my blog updated as much as possible from here on out. Here are some more pictures that I couldn't get uploaded the other day and also some new ones from the last couple days.
Bath Time

Daddy's Little Girl

Swimming at Aunt Mary's













No comments:
Post a Comment