Well, first thing's first:
Dial. up. is. a. complete. waste. of. money.
'Nuff said.
So, I very, very, VERY reluctantly gave up my Internet because AOL was making me want to rip my hair out by the roots. I must say that anyone who pays for that service is either completely desperate (that would be me)...or still living in the dark ages. Once you go high-speed, you can't go back...go ahead, try...I dare you. It just doesn't work.
So, here I have waited...patiently, calmly (sort-of), demurely (ok, not so much). I was waiting for my tax return to come so I could possibly afford some sort of satellite equipment, making feeble attempts at staying connected with my cell phone Internet service (basically, I lived on facebook since that's about the only thing I can get on my phone).
If any of you KNEW about this neat little invention called "wireless usb modem" and did not make me aware of it...duck behind a bush the next time I see you. Just kidding...a little. Anyway, I went and got one today. And for less that I was paying for my home phone and dial-up or even dsl...I AM NOW ONLINE!....wireless-ly! How cool is that?!?
Well, I know you can tell how excited I am. So I won't bore you with anymore details. Let me, instead try to catch you up on a little bit of my life in the last four months. I may give it to you in separate posts, because I'm sure you don't want to have to sit there for twenty-seven hours to read about my boring life.
So, we have now been in our home for about five months. I love it here! It really is home to us now. Little by little, we are getting it fixed up the way we like it. We had a wonderful holiday season and felt even more blessed than usual in our new surroundings.
Danny is doing great. He just recently got a job promotion and is now a lead-operator, which comes with a raise! (Another awesome blessing!) The kids are also doing really well. It's hard to believe, but the school year is more than half-way over! I am very excited about that. Hailey and Nick are doing wonderful, as always (swelling with pride). Holly is keeping up with her first-grade curriculum and actually soaring fairly effortlessly through every subject. I am learning that she, like her older siblings, is an incredibly bright child. Hallie...wow, what can I say? She has grown in leaps and bounds since my last post! In fact, today is her 20-month birthday! It's hard to believe when I look at her that she used to be a tiny little infant. She has gotten so big and she is sweet and funny and beautiful. She brings so much joy to our lives! She is communicating very well with us now by talking and has developed quite the stubborn streak! She wants things her way, and in her timing. She is very independent...something I could never imagine when she was younger and clinging to me for dear life. It is so much fun, though bittersweet, to watch her grow and develop.
I guess I have given you enough to read for tonight. You can believe that I will be posting much more regularly now! I missed blogging...and I missed all my bloggy friends. I can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!
2 comments:
I'm glad you are back, I have missed your posts. I wasn't aware of your new little find, I'm sure Jay was but didn't know of your situation. :)
Yay! Welcome back!
Post a Comment