I have been horrible at keeping up my blog in the past month! If you've read my other blog you know that it's mostly because I am on dial-up now and it's really slow. Honestly, I rarely get online anymore because it's so frustrating. Hopefully sometime in the near future I will be back on high-speed.
So, I'm sure most of you know that we moved the first of September. Wow, we've been living here for over a month now! We moved about three minutes from our old house. We are now living out in the country, in a house at least twice as big as our old one. It's really just a dream come true, and those of you who know the whole story know that it was truly a "God" thing. It's not a fancy house. It was built in 1953 and is simple in structure. But it is sturdy and pretty and big. The kids have a huge yard to play in that's filled with lots of great climbing trees. Danny has a two-car garage. And I have...my sanity!!! I don't feel like we're all on top of each other anymore. The noise level has decreased significantly. I feel more at peace than I have in a very long time. I am just so thankful for everything that we've been blessed with.
The kids are doing great. School is going just fine for Hailey and Nick. They were both elected as Student Council members this year, and then later elected as officers. Hailey is the secretary and Nick the treasurer. I am so proud of both of them. They just got their report cards last week and though they both got one B each, they had excellent comments from their teachers. They both just joined the school choir and will soon begin rehearsals for the big Christmas program. Last Saturday was their first JBQ meet of the year. Once again, they blew me away! Hailey scored higher than any other quizzer there in both divisions with 1090 points. Nick was 4th in his division. He has been having a more difficult time this year because he graduated from 10 point questions to 20 and 30 point questions, and needless to say, they are a lot more work to memorize! Anyway, they both did great and I was super proud of them. Hailey's team won 2nd place in their division and Nick's won 3rd in theirs. I look forward to next year when they are on the same team again. They will be a force to be reckoned with!
Holly is doing great too. She is doing Pee Wee JBQ this year and her first meet will be in November. She already knows most of her questions and she loves doing it. I had intended for us to start her school year in mid-September but with the move, I was a little late sending in her enrollment form. There has also been a slight hold-up and we have yet to receive her curriculum. Hopefully within the next week or two we will have it. In the meantime, yesterday we started going over some review stuff from kindergarten and she did some worksheets that I printed from the Internet. It looks as though we may have to go through June again this year because we're getting such a late start. I am determined that next year we will start in mid-August or early September. Holly is about to turn six in nine days. I can hardly believe it. She is growing up so fast. For so many years, she was my baby. Since Hallie was born, she seems to have grown up before my eyes.
Speaking of Hallie...she is sixteen months old now and just the cutest little girl on the planet! I love her age. She is talking so much and learning new things every day. Danny and I both comment all the time on how much she looks like Holly. I honestly think they look like twins born four and a half years apart. She has about twelve teeth now and four of them are fairly new, so as you can imagine, we've had a few sleepless nights lately. But she is such a joy to be around. I am so thankful to have her in my life. She keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh even when I don't feel like laughing.
I wish I could post pictures but I have yet to find my usb cord for my camera in this mess of boxes. My room is one of my projects this week so I hope to find it then. And then, no matter how many hours it takes, I will upload some pictures to my blog!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment