Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just call me a church skipper.

I came home before church tonight...it's hard to believe that it's not even nine on a Sunday and everyone is fed, bathed, pj'd up and ready to hit the sack. Danny is working tonight, Hailey has istep tomorrow, and let's face it...I'm just tired! Sometimes you need to just go home (or stay home, as the case may be...we were already there for drama practice!).

Fun Arts is coming up in less than three weeks so the kids are hard at work on their next endeavors...Hailey has four entries this year: drama group, drama solo, intrepretive worship group, and interpretive worship solo. Nick has three entries! He is doing the drama group, but also a creative writing short story and a...wait for it...SHORT SERMON! :-) I can't wait to see this! This was all his decision, so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

Yesterday was Hailey's last volleyball game. It was such a great season. We had the best coaches we have ever had at the Y and we are praying to get them again next year. Hailey did so well! I was really surprised at how fast she picked it up and how good she was at it. She's scored many points for her team over the last few months. The coaches were nice enough to throw the kids and their families a pizza party after the game and so we got to stay for that too.

A couple hours later, my sister and I took all of our girls to see the new Hannah Montana movie. It was SOOOO good! I loved every minute of it. Hallie even made it through the movie, though we did have to go sit on the floor beside the seats about an hour and a half into it. We had a great time. Since I told the kids they had to buy their own tickets if they wanted to go, Nick opted to go to Meme's instead because he thought the movie would be "a waste of his money." He firmly informed me that he is saving up for Mario Kart and had no interest in seeing Hannah Montana. But he had a wonderful time with Meme, as my kids always do. They love it there. It's always a special treat to get to go, especially by themselves. (I remember feeling the same way when I was little!!)

Right after the movie, we ventured over to K-Mart to try to get a few freebies with double coupons. It wasn't quite as pleasant an experience. Hallie screamed through the entire store and Ellie bumped her head and wasn't too happy herself. On top of that, once I got to the register and had unloaded my purchases, I realized that I had left my wallet in the van. So everything came back off the conveyer belt and off to the parking lot I went. (Insert slow deep breaths here.) I finally checked out and we were able to pile the girls back in and head out. It was sort of a stressful experience, but so is just about every trip to the store with my kids! :-)

We have been having such beautiful weather! I wish it would stay like this forever but a little bird told me rain is on the way. Oh well. We are just praying that we don't get as much as they are predicting since Danny just planted a good part of the garden a few days ago and it will all be sadly washed away. If everything goes as planned this year, we will be adding corn, potatoes, onions, carrots, and green beans to what we had last year (green peppers and tomatoes). I'm excited!

Well, now it is AFTER nine and my kids need to get to bed. I promise to post pictures soon...I have a couple of good ones waiting!

No comments: