Monday, April 27, 2009

13 Years Today

Today is our anniversary!!!

We have been married for thirteen years!

For the first time ever, Danny forgot!!! I usually have it written on the kitchen calendar every year and offer subtle reminders throughout the month of April. This year I decided to be quiet just to see if he would remember completely on his own.

He didn't.

This morning, he called me on his way home from work to tell me that he was planning on staying up all day so he could do yard work before the rain comes through. Well, usually when he tries to do that he is like a walking zombie by mid-afternoon. I wasn't going to let my anniversary evening be ruined, so I had to say something! I said, "You forgot, didn't you?" (sniff, sniff). He said, "Forgot what?" Youch. Pause. "Is today the 27th???" Pouting. "Yes." Quickly, "Happy Anniversary, beautiful!" Hmmpfh. "I can't believe you forgot." "I didn't forget...I just didn't know what day it was!" Umm...isn't that...forgetting?

So I pouted a little bit, half-jokingly...half-not. I mean, honestly, I don't really care that much. It's just a date. I know he loves me, and that's really all that matters. But it did kind of give me a little teeny twinge of sadness.

Oh well.

Want to hear a secret???

Sometimes it's better if they forget things. Their guilty conscience makes it turn out even better for you in the end. Heehee. I'm just kidding. I don't play those kind of mind games. Much.

Haha! :-)

Happy Anniversary to me!

1 comment:

The Corey Family said...

Happy Anniversary! And btw I'd milk that guilt for all its worth! :o) Hahaa!