Surely things will settle down and get boring again soon...???...and I will have more time to post without getting behind on our current goings-on.
The school year has begun for us and we are trying to get back into a routine of some sort. The kids just finished their second week of school and they seem to be doing well. They both aced their tests yesterday. I was very happy with the teachers they got this year, and I think that this will be a better experience for Hailey than last year was. Nick already found out that he gets to go to third grade for math so we are really proud of him for that. He is such a smart boy. Hailey is really smart too...her teacher took her aside and asked her to sit beside a boy that is having trouble and help him out because she is one of her best students.
Holly was due to start pre-kindergarten after Labor Day at the school that Hailey and Nick both attended. But after a lot of talking and praying, we decided at the last minute that we would like to keep her home and try homeschooling her with a kindergarten curriculum. I am thrilled that Danny is open to this idea and I can't wait to get started. I am very thankful to have her at home with me and if it works out well, who knows what will be in store for our family next year! Another great thing about it is the savings...it's at least a $700 difference, and that is not including gas money to make the 20 mile trip three times a week. Holly is very excited about it too and I will be sure to post updates of all she is learning and what kinds of things we are studying.
Hallie is doing great, as usual! She is getting so big. We went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and she got five shots, which was very difficult to bear, for both of us. She weighed 12lbs 11oz and was 24 in. long. She is in the 80th percentile for her weight and the 90th for her length. She's a good sized baby! I love this confirmation that the nursing is going well for us. Hallie has changed so much this last month. Her personality has really begun to emerge. It is so much fun to sit and play with her and talk to her and hear her talk back. She is sitting up with just a little support, smiling and squealing, rolling to her side, wiggling and squirming all over the place, and exploring her hands. I am enjoying every minute of it! She is sleeping about 8-9 hours every night. I really couldn't ask for a better baby. I'm truly blessed.
Well, it's getting late and we have a full day tomorrow so I'm going to say goodbye for now. Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.
COLTS CAMP

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
FIRST SATURDAY AFTER SCHOOL...
at 11am!

HALLIE DENISE ~ 12 weeks







1 comment:
I love all the pics!And btw, I'm sorry you can't afford to send Holly to school...LOL!!!!!!!!! : ) Kids say the funniest things!
Post a Comment