Dishes aren't always clean
Hair isn't always combedCobwebs live in corners
Of this busy home
Crumbs may lie upon my floor
And prints are smudged upon my door
Toys are strewn 'bout everywhere
Balls are flying through the air
Quiet does not see the light
Voices rise up big and bright
Sometimes in anger, others in glee
Sometimes by them, sometimes by me
Squabbles and games and wrestling matches
Then boo-boos and bandaids and quick-fix patches
Broken glass and scattered papers
Homework problems and cartoon capers
A box is turned into a house
A noisy game of cat and mouse
A rope is swinging through the air
A child cries out that it isn't fair
Dress up and make-believe
Tea parties and wars
Somersaults and cartwheels
Slamming of doors
A bottle of perfume now half empty
A little girl asking don't I smell pretty
A name is spelled upon the carpet
And a permanent marker was used to mark it
I deeply sigh and look around
And wonder if sanity will ever be found
But then I know that I don't care
Because love and joy will always be there
Life isn't always perfect...but God is always God.
6 comments:
Aw, cute poem!!!!!!!!
liked the poem it totally describes my house at times but sometimes it's not that important because it's just a house you know but love is the most important things and yes God is always God
You are such a great writer...you are so right on with this...I smiled all the way through it. I can't imagine your house any other way! I love you sis!
I loved the Poem. It describes every busy moms home. It is a nice reminder that life doesn't have to be perfect.
I loved the Poem. It describes every busy moms home. It is a nice reminder that life doesn't have to be perfect.
I love your poem. It is definitely how I feel. We only have our children little for a short time and we need to enjoy it and worry about the perfect house after they are grown.
Post a Comment