Wednesday, May 23, 2007

God the Artist











Well, I got extremely frustrated this morning because I spent a lot of time on a post and then it somehow got deleted. So I walked away from the computer and now I am back. I had a church committment last night but as soon as I got home, I spent about two hours with my girls while their daddy was on the mower. My son was at a ball game with his grandparents. We had the best time eating ice cream on the porch and then drawing all over it with chalk. We talked about how God must be an artist because the things that he has created are so beautiful. We drew pictures of rainbows and trees and flowers. It was really great quality time and they enjoyed it immensely. They told me several times how much they loved me and how happy they were to spend time with me. It was just another reminder of how children don't necessarily want or need expensive toys or gadgets...they just want your gift of TIME. Above are some pictures of our artwork.


The kids only have a few days of school left and I am so excited to spend summer break with them. We have a couple of fun weekend trips planned and the rest of the time we are just going to play and read and enjoy each other's company. I should (and that's a big SHOULD because there could be one or two extensions in my future) be finished with my school semester by mid-June, so that will be a big burden relieved for me too and I will have even more free time to spend with them.


After I took the kids to school this morning, I spent some more time in the Word (I always read aloud to the kids as they are eating breakfast) while my three year old was still asleep with her daddy. Today is his day off. I am reading in 2 Corinthians right now, which is very good teaching. When my daughter and husband woke up, I made them some pancakes and sat down and ate with them. Then I went to the park and walked about a mile with a couple of friends. I love having friends that share my beliefs and are in a similar stage of life that I am as a mother and wife. We really enjoy each other's company and at the same time understand the limited time that we do have for each other because our families come first. We had a nice walk and chat and then parted ways.


Since I came home I have been working on a big project with my husband...our bedroom! It has been a disaster for so long. I have been a little testy and short tempered so I am taking a break to relieve some tension...writing does an amazing job of this for me! I feel so much better already. So I am going to get back to work for now because we have to leave for church soon. Always something to do...somewhere to go...








No comments: