I am so thankful for God's help today. I am so thankful that He gives me everything I need to complete what He requires me to do! He sustains me and strengthens me. As long as I have his help, there is nothing that He asks me to do that I cannot accomplish.
I have a bad habit of letting my homework sit on a back burner until the pot is bubbling over and in a complete mess. I let everything else come first. There are certainly some things that SHOULD come first...but then I must admit there are many others that should not. When you make a commitment to do something, I believe God would have you to honor that commitment unless he specifically tells you to break it because it is harmful to you or someone else. Through consultation with my husband and lots of prayer, I have not been released to break this school commitment...so I must forge ahead. I have gotten myself into a stressful situation, as is customary for me. I have less than a month left until my semester ends and I have literally months of work remaining. But I am determined to not become overly stressed out about it, mainly because my children are getting ready to start their summer break and I don't want them to spend it bound by my stress. I spent some time in prayer this morning - first, repenting for my idleness and procrastination, and secondly, seeking help, guidance, strength, and clarity. Then I proceeded to spread all my books and modules out on the kitchen table and I made a chart of 18 blocks of homework. After that, I took my calendar off the wall and literally SCHEDULED blocks of homework on certain dates, until I had each block accounted for. With no hesitation, I went to work on the first block, which is what I scheduled myself for today. I organized what I had to do and I started with the most difficult subject. Well, two and a half hours later, I am still working on the same assignment, but I am making PROGRESS. I have purposed in my heart that I will not go to bed at night without having my designated block finished for that day. I was getting frustrated with my lack of understanding in the subject of kinetic energy, so I decided to take a break and go back to it with a clear head. Nothing makes my head clearer than writing, so here I am.
We had a good day yesterday. My husband and I spent the day getting some things done around the house. It feels good to have things (for the most part) in order. Of course, it's not perfect ( it never will be!) but it's much better! We had company over last night and we grilled hamburgers and played cards. It was a nice time. I made cupcakes for my son's class today since his birthday does not fall on one of his school days. They turned out really well. I am not a baker...I much prefer to cook than to bake...but they looked about as good as they could! This morning, he decorated them with candy soccer balls. He was very excited to take them to school to share with all of his classmates.
Well, I must get back to my science book. I will be leaving to pick the kids up from school in about an hour! :-) Then my oldest daughter is going to stay at her aunt's tonight and we are going to pick up a friend of my son's to stay the night. He has been looking forward to it.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment