Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yawn...

I am very tired today. I didn't sleep well last night, and in fact, don't most nights anymore. If I am not kept awake by my three year old kicking me in her sleep, I am kept awake by my mind constantly on the go. It is very rare that I ever get into a deep restful sleep. But that coupled with my very poor diet lately makes for some pretty exhausting days. I know it's my own fault that I am tired. :-) But it doesnt' change the fact that I am.

My homework is not going as well as I had hoped. All of it is very difficult and time consuming. I was supposed to complete a block on Friday and a block today and have not even completed the one from Friday yet. I am disappointed in myself because I told myself I would not go to bed at night until my block was finished. That didn't quite work as planned because when my body decides it's ready for bed, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it. I have to figure out how to make this work because I have to get it done. And I don't want to have to depend on loads of caffeine to make it possible.

Lord, please help me get the rest that my body needs so that my mind can function properly. If I am struggling with any stress or worry that is keeping me awake, I confess it to you right now and ask your forgiveness because I know that these things are not of you. Lord, help me make different and better choices that will make me a healthier person. I ask for supernatural strength and understanding to get me through these classes. Help me not only to finish, but to do well! I thank you, Jesus, that you care about every detail of my life and that you tell us that we need only to ask in order to receive. Thank you for lifting my burdens. I love you more than I can say. In Jesus name, Amen.

Ok, I feel better! It's so awesome that we can take everything to the Lord in prayer. Now, I am going to get off of this computer and go take a bath and go to bed! I'm trusting God for a restful night's sleep tonight. :-) Goodnight!

No comments: