Well, Christmas 2011 has come and gone (and so have a lot of other holidays since my last post!!) And no, I did not have another baby...that's my newest little niece Ryleigh RaeAnn in the picture. :)
The kids are growing like weeds. Hailey is now as tall as me, maybe even a smidge taller, especially with boots on. She has blossomed so much this past year, she no longer resembles a little girl but is making quick strides toward becoming the woman that God has created her to be. She will be 12 in three short months. I am so very thankful to have her at home with me every day and not have to send her out for several hours a day during this very vital stage of her growing-up.
Nick has grown up a lot in the past year as well. He has become so much more mature. I can count on him to help me with absolutely anything because he loves to serve others. He also thrives in neatness and organization so he enjoys cleaning out cabinets and drawers and all kinds of other things, which is nothing short of wonderful for his mama! He remains Hallie's favorite sibling, and has also become the favorite with many other little girls at church because he is so gentle and good with them. (And he's pretty handsome too!)
And Holly...my beautiful, sweet, amazing Holly. She turned eight in October, but she is still my baby girl. Always loving, always sweet. She is the first one to cuddle up with me and enjoy my company. She is very selfless and giving and considerate. She loves her friends and tries to be the best friend she can be to others. She is also my most sensitive child...one cross word will send her into mourning that is just heart-breaking. Thankfully, she honestly is a very well-behaved child and rarely needs discipline. She is still so small...her 6-year old friends have passed her up in height. Probably why I'm so protective of her.
Hallie, my monkey, is at the best age right now. I love listening to her talk. She uses incredibly big words for her age (probably because of her older siblings) and sometimes she sounds older than her years, even though her tiny voice is still so cute. She can be difficult at times (ok, several times a day!!) because, let's face it, she's three. And I don't care what people say, it's the Terrible Threes, not the Terrible Twos. But on the other hand, she is SO MUCH FUN! Cute as a button, and hilarious to boot. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I love my life right now. I am so very, very blessed. God has been good to me. No matter what earthly trials I go through, I am surrounded by love and joy, and nothing else can be as good as that.
2 comments:
I am so glad you are blogging again!! Love the new layout! It is awesome!!!
great post love the new background too
Post a Comment