Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun Arts and Zoo trip

Yesterday our church kids participated in Fun Arts in Muncie, Indiana. They did really well and had a great time. Here is a picture of all of them. Nick is in the front and Hailey is in the middle. Hailey had four entries this year and she did such an awesome job on all of them. She had wonderful comments from the judges and everyone else who was watching. Nick did great too! He had three entries and he also got really good comments. The group drama for our drama team didn't go so well, but I think they still had a good time and it was good experience for them for Fine Arts when they get older. I have video and when I figure out how to get it on to my computer, I will post it.




Last Wednesday, I went with Hailey on a field trip to the Indianapolis Zoo. It rained the entire day and we weren't able to do much at all. It was a pretty miserable day for everyone. But I managed to get a few pictures anyway.
Hailey and Cathy on the bus
Hailey and Shelby when we first got to the zoo, right before it started pouring
Getting wet
We spent a lot of time in the desert to keep warm and dry


Today, we are going out of town yet again! (I so don't feel like it!) Danny's work has a picnic at an Indians game every year in Indy. He usually takes the kids to it. This will be my first year going. I was always in choir before so I didn't like to miss church (looking back I can see that I was putting church before my family!!! yikes!) and then last year Hallie was an infant and still nursing almost non-stop so I knew it would be way too hard to take her. So this is my first year. I hope it's fun. We get a free lunch and a free shirt and get to spend time with each other, so I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Only two weeks left of school, and of Hallie's first year with us! This year has gone by so quickly. Tomorrow I get to go see my sister's 4d ultrasound! I am so excited! Little Silas will be here in a couple of months! :-)



No comments: