Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Firsts...

Monday was our first official day of homeschooling. We've been working on our own stuff since September but we finally ordered Holly's kindergarten books and they arrived last Thursday. She couldn't have been more excited. She loves every minute of her studies and though it's only been two days, she's doing great! Danny wants to be her math and science teacher and of course she loves that. So after we spend a couple of hours on Bible, Phonics, Penmanship, and History, Danny, when he's off work, gets to sit down and help her with her Math and Science. Two days a week, we will also be doing Art.




Monday night was Ellie's first sleepover at our house (without mom). She was an angel and we had a blast having her. I'm really excited to be able to start paying my sister back for all those wonderful nights she has given me over the years! If only she can have the heart to leave her again! :-) It's always harder on mama than it is on the kids.



I don't have much time to write anything else this morning. A bug has hit our home and the two little girls are sick with a cold and fever. I only got about two hours of sleep last night. Please say a little prayer for them if you get a chance! :-)

1 comment:

The Corey Family said...

Thanks for keeping her! I'm sure she will come to stay again... just not too soon! We are all praying for Hallie and Holly.