Monday, March 10, 2008

Hippety Hoppety, Easter's On It's Way

We had a very good weekend! It was Danny's last one off before he starts his month of nights, so we wanted to enjoy it, and we did. Friday night he had a Royal Ranger Game Night to go to with Nick and Andy, so Amber and Ellie came over to hang out with us while they were gone. My sister Charity was in town too, so she got to come and visit with my mom and one of my brother's Caleb. It was so nice to get to hang out with family for the evening. Charity kept Holly busy the whole time letting her brush her hair and curl it with her play curling iron. It was funny to watch. Charity is one of the only people I know that can tolerate that much from a kid and actually enjoy it. That's why my daughters love her so much. On Saturday, we took the kids to the Easter Egg Hunt at Danny's work. They had a lot of fun and got to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap. They brought in lunch from KFC and had some neat little gifts for the kids, as well as a lot of candy. It was really nice. Saturday night we had family night and hung out with the kids and watched a movie. Then of course on Sunday morning we had to get up an hour earlier because of the time change and get to church for Hailey's Dance rehearsal. The group ministered in the morning service and it was so good. I cry every time I watch Hailey dance because she just puts her heart and soul into it and I can see God all over her. I am in such awe of her relationship with God at such a young age. Sunday afternoon we came home and I made chili for lunch and then I went to bed and slept for an hour before I had to get up and go back to church at 4 for drama. People think we are crazy because we pack so much into a Sunday. Sometimes it feels like we might be. But the truth is that most Sundays won't usually be as hectic. The children's drama team is only meeting on Sundays because of the upcoming Easter play, so very soon we will be going back to just having Wednesday rehearsals. One of the reasons that I have stepped out of choir is so that we do have more time as a family on Sundays. It's sort of ironic that as soon as I quit, we started having drama in that new time slot. But the difference is that this is something that I am doing with the kids, as opposed to on my own. So that does help a lot. Church last night was so good. A girl in our church gave her testimony about being healed from anorexia and I could not stop crying. The things that God did in her life were just amazing. I really do believe that this is one of the most important reasons that God has called us all to "not forsake the assembling together" because it is so encouraging and uplifting in your own walk with God to hear testimonies from other believers.

I can feel Hallie getting bigger and bigger. It's getting really fun to sit and just feel her move because I am beginning to distinguish hands from feet and kind of get a sense of what she is doing in there. Gone are the little flutters and bubbles...I am feeling more and more of a connection with my baby because I can feel her little body in there. It is so fun and amazing! Yesterday marked the beginning of my third trimester. Time is really flying by! It's hard to believe that in about eleven weeks she will be here.

My new niece is arriving today...my sister-in-law was induced this morning so I am just waiting to hear the big news. I can't wait to see her. It is going to be neat to watch her grow up because she will be almost exactly the same age as what my little angel would be. I will be sure to post pictures when I get them.

Well, I need to go do some laundry! Believe it or not, I say this with much excitement! I have reached that point in my pregnancy where I absolutely LOVE to do laundry. Anyone who knows me well knows that this happens to me during each pregnancy. I literally crave the smell of detergent and fabric softener and dryer sheets. It's so strange! But Danny loves having all of his laundry done all the time, and I have to admit, it makes life so much easier! Too bad it never lasts past birth! :-)

1 comment:

The Julian Family said...

i agree last nights service was awesome and the testimony what a powerful word! you make me laugh about the laundry thing it's funny i actually love doing laundry all the time weird i know but what can i say post pics of your new neice when you get a chance congrats your family is growing so much can't wait to see hallie!!