Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Year's Victory at the Science Fair

My kids never cease to amaze me. Last year Hailey participated in the Science Fair and not only got a blue ribbon, but her perfect score earned her the gold medal for her category. This year her and Nick were both able to participate and I am very proud to say they both came home with Blue Ribbons and Gold Medals! They were only given about two weeks notice for the fair this year. They both worked very hard (so did I!) and turned out great projects that they were able to demonstrate and explain to the judges in a way that must have been pretty impressive. I am so proud of them both! They prayed this morning before we left that God would be with them and He certainly was. Hailey made me smile this morning too when she told me without any prompting that it didn't really matter if she won or not, she just wanted to do her best and have fun. That is by far what I always want my kids to find most important! I am so happy for them that their hard work was rewarded so highly today. Here are some pictures of the event. Enjoy!



Hailey, before judging
Nick, goofy as always, waiting for judging
Ellie and Holly...it's scary how alike these two look!
Holly and Ellie, sitting together in the auditorium, waiting for the award ceremony to beginNick, being awarded his Blue Ribbon, right before they announced that he was the gold medalist for 1st Grade Physical Science
Hailey, after receiving her Blue Ribbon, right before the announcement that she was the 2nd Grade Chemistry Gold Medalist
Hailey, showing off her awards


Nick, showing off his awards

3 comments:

The Corey Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Corey Family said...

I couldn't be any prouder if I were there mom! They are both so awesome! You all did a great job putting them together!

The Landin's Page said...

Congrats Hailey and Nick (and Crystal). It is great that you guys did so well. Matt will be very excited that you guys are so good at science.