Thursday, January 17, 2008

Halfway there!

Time is flying! Since I will have a scheduled cesarean, we know the baby will be born sometime in my 38th week, so I am officially halfway to the finish line! I'm getting very excited to meet this new little one. I am really enjoying having life inside my womb again too, though...every little kick, every squirmy movement, each time I feel my baby move I am overcome with wonder. This is the fourth time I have been able to enjoy these feelings, but it doesn't get any less amazing. I am so thrilled that in a few weeks I will hold this baby in my arms...but at the same time I am not in any rush to let go of this unbelievable bond that nothing in the world can compare to. I am sure in my last month when I get really uncomfortable I will be telling a different story, though!

Being a mother is such an incredible and unforgettable experience. I feel so blessed. God has given me so much more than I deserve. Danny and I both agree that if our finances allowed, we would have at least a dozen kids! That in itself is a miracle, because I had a hard time talking Danny into having our third one. Unfortunately, this will be our last one (go ahead, I know most of you want to applaud), not only because of finances but because I have delivered all of my children by cesarean and I don't know how much more my body can take. Someday when time and money allows, we would love to start adopting. I know that being a wife and mother is my calling in life, at least for this season. And I intend to do it the best that I can.

Everyone is doing great here. We've been cold and virus free for a little while now, and it feels fantastic! It was hard to see the kids go back to school after Christmas break. I am so ready for summer. Some days it is nice to have a quieter house, but most days I miss them so much. Summer will be a lot of fun this year, especially with a little newborn in the house. The girls, especially, are really looking forward to helping care for their little sibling. And mom is going to be thankful for the help!

Well, I should go get back to the laundry! I'll write again soon.

1 comment:

Teresa Ulrich said...

Yay for babies!!!!! :)