Isn't that crazy?!?
Where does the time go??
So far, we are having a good summer. We've kind of just been taking it easy most of the time. This last week has been a little bit more eventful than usual because of Camp Meeting at church, but for the most part, we really haven't done a whole lot. And I like it!! I don't enjoy being on the go all the time, constantly busy with activities. I like to enjoy a laid-back, slow, restful kind of life. I don't know how much that will be possible with four kids in the years to come, but I am certainly enjoying it while I can!
Danny signed Nick up for football last week. He starts practices on the 27th of this month and I guess that will be the beginning of the end of my restful summer. Because of his swing shift job, I will most likely be the one running him back and forth most of the time, which is something I'm less than thrilled about since I have to tow around three other kids as well. But Nick is really excited about it, so I'm going along with it, and hoping he enjoys it. (And praying he doesn't get hurt!) He has had absolutely no interest in baseball for the past three years, and even though he's played basketball, he hasn't been much into that either, so I'm glad to see him excited about a team sport of some kind. (Although...I think he's going to be a preacher or a doctor, so he doesn't really need sports!!)
So, soon school will start, and all that goes with it. Homework, choir, student council, sports...homework...homework. Ugh.
Ahh, I wish summer break could last forever.
Or at least for longer than two and a half months!
On a good note, my baby nephew is arriving in four days! I can't wait. I'm SOOOO SUPER EXCITED! It's so awesome to be blessed with another addition to our family. Hallie is almost 14 months old and I am SO ready to hold a new baby in my arms again. I'll be sure to post pics of Baby Silas as soon as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment