I know it's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted anything. I don't usually let it go quite this long. Life has been really busy. It's been more than that though. I guess I really just haven't "felt like" blogging. I get tired just looking at the computer screen for too long. I have been feeling really tired lately. Worn down from life. There are a million things to do and not enough time to do any of them well. So a lot of times I don't even try and now I am sitting with chaos all around me wondering when my life will resume some sort of order again. I feel so much stress right now and I am the type of person that instead of dealing with the stressful situations head-on, pushes them to the dark corners of the mind that are only visited completely by accident when there is nothing else to occupy the thoughts. It might sound crazy but I think it saves me from having a nervous breakdown or, at the very least, ulcers.
In all seriousness, the Bible says not to be anxious about anything...and that worrying won't add another day to my life. It tells me to lay my burdens at the feet of Jesus. That sounds so easy until you really have to put it into practice. I must lay those burdens down a thousand times a day only to pick them back up again. It's not that I don't trust him. I do...with everything in me. But the flesh part of me is afraid to relinquish all control while the spirit part of me knows that the only way to live is out of my control and under his. My decisions and my control always lead to certain failure. His control and his guidance always lead me down the right path on the blueprint he has made for my life. So, anyway, lately this has been a daily struggle for me.
On a brighter note, I captured a few of Hallie's little giggles the other day when Danny was playing with her. She is five months old now...rolling over, laughing, jabbering, and just really developing a personality. Enjoy!
In other news, Hailey was elected student council member today! I am so proud of her. All three of the older kids are now into basketball season and practices are in full swing. Hailey is still doing dance at church and has also joined the school choir. She and Nick are on the Junior Bible Quiz team at church and are doing so well memorizing scriptures and trivia questions from the Bible. It's a busy time of year for us. The only day of the week that we have no extra activities is Tuesday (my new favorite day!). We just celebrated Holly's fifth birthday and I will post pictures as soon as I can. Well, I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow Hailey is marching in the Homecoming Parade with her Dance Ministry Team and we have to get up kind of early.
I will try to post again sooner rather than later!
2 comments:
Yay! A new blog! LOL...I know what you mean about stress levels. Hailey is awesome and I am excited to watch some b-ball!
Finally. It's about time. I completely know what you mean about the stress. That in a nutshell is my life.
Post a Comment